* The Republicans hold on to the House seat vacated by CIA director Mike Pompeo; state treasurer Ron Estes defeated James Thompson, a Wichita civil rights lawyer. [New York Times]
* So it seems the FBI did obtain a FISA warrant to monitor the communications of a Trump adviser (foreign policy adviser Carter Page). [Washington Post]
* In a time when many firms are closing offices, Adams and Reese is opening new ones, in Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale. [Law.com]
* The retirement buzz around Justice Anthony M. Kennedy persists — and stems from conversations Kennedy has had with people close to him. [Bloomberg and CNN via How Appealing]
* As for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, has she been enjoying Opus One yet again? [New York Daily News]
* Yes, it’s possible for an in-house legal department to be too cost-conscious — just ask Wells Fargo.
[Big Law Business]
* A professor accused of sexual harassment by a student and a staff member just lost his case before the Sixth Circuit. [Law.com]
* Speaking of things sexual… don’t write “sexual favors” in the check memo line when paying your taxes. [Billings Gazette]
[Read More …]
Source: Daily Dose of Law
Be Sociable, Share!