* Holy smokes! What subject just led the en banc Eleventh Circuit to issue almost 300 pages worth of opinions? [How Appealing]
* A high-profile visitor over at the Volokh Conspiracy: renowned First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams will be blogging about his new book, The Soul of the First Amendment (affiliate link). [Volokh Conspiracy / Washington Post]
* Speaking of books, here’s Professor Lisa Pruitt on J.D. Vance’s (critically acclaimed, bestselling) memoir, Hillbilly Elegy (affiliate link): “I knew Yale law degrees were valuable, but Vance’s seems to be working miracles.”
* And here are some reflections from Professor Andrew Guthrie Ferguson on whether fear should be part of the law school experience. [PrawfsBlawg]
* Mark your calendars: June 14 in San Francisco, Battle of the (Law Firm) Bands! [Family Violence Appellate Project]
[Read More …]
Source: Daily Dose of Law Be Sociable, Share!